As an account manager, you will manage and lead day-to-day relationships with key client contacts and champion work that achieves the clients’ business and communication objectives.
Your ability to lead account and project teams, to get work done on time and on budget, nurture client trust, and build business are all equally important.
- Foster partnerships with clients and manage expectations while delivering work that is strategically sound, and on time, on budget.
- Manage projects and schedule and lead project review meetings internally and with the client.
- Build strong working relationships with clients, and internal teams.
- Write project briefs, meeting agendas, meeting notes, timelines.
- Develop knowledge of clients’ business, marketing objectives, audiences, and competitive landscape.
- Lead the team on “selling” our work product to client audiences.
- Articulate clear Scope of Work (SOW) which is agreeable to the client.
- Focus team’s efforts on delivering the SOW.
- Improve Story Stick profitability from agreed-upon SOW.
- Strive to develop new business with each client.
- Lead multiple client projects.
- Organize workload and workflow.
- Partner with managing directors and creative and production leaders, owning client-facing deliverables within the account management process - briefs, meeting agendas, timelines, content changes, etc.
- Own project budgets and plans, partnering with managing partners to ensure profitability.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strategic communicator
- Experience managing all marketing communications – digital, print, events
- Persuasive and effective communicator
- Agile work style and resilient
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- 3-5+ years agency or relevant business-to-business communications experience in marketing communications.
- Knowledge of wide range of marketing communications deliverables including events, digital, video, and print.
- Global competence – experience in communicating to a global audience preferred
- Organizational sophistication
- Experience and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across disciplines
- Proof of Covid vaccination
- Ability to travel outside of Minnesota and outside of the US
About Story Stick Marketing:
Story Stick Marketing is a small agency with big clients and experience. We are a mighty band of curious and creative thinkers and doers who are passionate about the work we do. We launch products and ideas, help our clients garner followers and buzz, and create programs that strengthen relationships between our clients and their most important audiences. We’re always looking for brave, kind, curious, competent, and passionate people to join our team. Visit www.storystickmarketing.com.
Story Stick Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.