A producer at Story Stick Marketing supports day-to-day management of events and related communications elements across the agency, and execution of client and strategic objectives. The producer will assist in driving both strategic and tactical projects through agency processes and meet delivery requirements and deadlines by working closely with internal team members. Our producers will have direct client contact and will independently manage individual projects according to skill level and experience.
The producer’s role is to ensure that all aspects of a program(s) are successfully delivered to the client. The producer is also responsible for the fiscal health of the program for both Story Stick and the client. The producer is also responsible for communicating effectively with the team and the client.
Our producers are resourceful, kind, curious, competent, and committed to delivering superior service to internal and external clients. Attention to detail and consistency is imperative and common sense is critical.
The successful producer is extremely detail-oriented, an active-listener, able to give and take direction and follow process. They are eager to learn about the businesses of our clients and help deliver event marketing, video and digital media programs.
- Participate in the development of integrated solutions that leverage agency offerings and are mutually beneficial for the client and the agency
- Guide the development, writing, and presentation of incremental program proposals, scopes of work (SOW), schedules and staffing plans as they relate to solutions
- Build and maintain effective client relationships, ensuring that all clients' needs are heard, understood, and addressed in a timely way
- Ensure clear communication to the client for the assigned program regarding roles and responsibilities, scope, budge, schedules, and program status/action items
- Conform with Story Stick’s service level commitments and expectations with the client
- Working with the Account Manager and the Director of Operations/Managing Partner, manage the program process from strategy to creative through execution using Story Stick processes and tools
- Ensure regular team meetings are held and facilitate communications between team members, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Coach and oversee junior team members on execution of all individual job details
- Develop talent and skills of junior team members by providing challenging assignments and ongoing constructive feedback
- Management resources such as Story Stick identity, client branding, etc.
- Negotiate and book external resources as planned for the project
- Create timelines and status documents for agency and client as needed
- Assist with financial reconciliation by providing reporting or other data for decision-making
- Perform administrative oversight of projects via planning, financial and digital asset management systems
- Maintain and archive clean historical record of project work—briefs, copy, images, work product, etc.
- Schedule and assist in facilitating internal status meetings and reviews
- Keep teams informed of all project status and next steps via email, status documents and planned or ad-hoc meetings
- Develop strong and positive working relationships with discipline leads and project stakeholders while adhering to objectives, process, and timelines
- Plan and coordinate team travel – the position does involve travelling outside of Minnesota and outside of the US
- Other duties as assigned
- Work with Director of Operations to create program budgets and manage the revenue throughout client programs
- Translate costs to a sell price with appropriate detail to be communicated to client
- Manage and mitigate third party costs
- Develop and actively manage vendor/freelance talent relationships to ensure best available talent and pricing
- Reconcile program costs against budget
- Work with the team to inform and coordinate Story Stick invoices to the client
- Participate in creative brainstorms to generate ideas for clients
- Continually look for innovative solutions and production methods
- Execute the integrity of the creative treatment in all deliverables
- On-time and on-budget delivery of client commitments
- Positive team climate that inspires others to excel
- Recognized as a valuable leader of the program by internal team and clients
- Repeat business with client
- Profitable budget management
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5-8+ years of marketing/client services experience with at least 5 years of production experience
- Strong program management, organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated production competencies: client focus, accountability for results, team effectiveness, developing others, attention to detail, flexibility, and professional confidence
- Familiar with event production technology (both live and virtual), a desire to keep up with current trends, ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Demonstrated commitment to project timelines by working with the team to meet milestone dates for project completion by deadline
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across disciplines
- Proof of Covid vaccination
- Ability to travel outside of Minnesota and outside of the US
About Story Stick Marketing
Story Stick Marketing is a full-service marketing communications agency. We are a small and mighty band of curious and creative thinkers and doers who are passionate about what we do. We launch products and ideas, help our clients garner followers and buzz, and strengthen relationships between our clients and their most important audiences. We’re always looking for brave, kind, curious, competent, and passionate people to join our team. Visit www.storystickmarketing.com.
Story Stick Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.